BOTOX and Xeomin
$12 per unit
BOTOX® is the most asked for service in aesthetics. Often times it is the initial treatment that begins our journey toward more youthful and beautiful skin. BOTOX® is also referred to BTX-A. There are four different brands of BTX-A available in the United States. These are BOTOX®, Xeomin®, Dysport®, and Jeuveau®- all all neurotoxins.
HOW IT WORKS:
BTX-A is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent indicated in adult patients for the temporary improvement in the appearance of wrinkles caused by facial expression. In simpler terms, when a neurotoxin such as BOTOX is injected into a specific facial muscle, it is relaxed, so your face cannot make the movement that would cause the wrinkle. The result is a smoother appearance of the skin. During your appointment your provider will discuss the different products and determine the right one for you.
MOST COMMON TREATMENT AREAS:
- Forehead lines: Horizontal lines on the forehead when you raise your eyebrows
- Crow’s feet: Lines around your eyes when you smile
- “11’s”: Lines between your eyebrows when you furrow your brow
- Bunny lines: Lines caused when you scrunch your nose
- Perioral lines: Fine lines around the mouth when you pucker
- DAO's: Lines created by the downturn of the corners of your mouth (marionette lines)
- Gummy smile: The amount of upper gumline that shows when you smile
- Platysmal bands: Prominent vertical neck bands between the chin and collar bone
- Chin: Improves the orange peel appearance and dimpling on chin
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
New patients, expect a consultation. Botox can be treated the same day. The injections are quick and feel like a very mild bee sting. You will have small bumps at the injection sites that will go away in in 10-15 minutes. You may experience some bruising around the injection sites, but most people can return to work immediately. You will be given post care instructions at your appointment, but it is recommended that you don't exercise 24 hours after Botox, and you wait 4-6 hours to lie down. Some may experience a mild head after injections. Neurotoxins, like BOTOX® typically take effect 3-14 days following treatment. The typical duration of effect is 3 - 4 months. After your initial Botox treatment at our office, a two week follow up is scheduled just make sure you are happy with your results!