MINT PDO Threads
Starting at $500
MINT PDO (polydioxanone) Threads are absorbable surgical threads inserted into the skin. When the threads are injected, your body gently reacts by creating a “selective inflammatory response” to produce collagen and lift the skin.
The most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks, jowls, and neck. MINT PDO Threads can be performed on upper arms, stomach, thighs, and knees.
TYPES OF MINT PDO THREADS:
There are three different types of MINT PDO Threads that can be used on the face or body. Barbed Threads are used in areas of the body that need a lift such as the brows, cheeks, smile lines, jawline, neck, and knees. These threads have very tiny edges that take hold of the skin and help give more of a lift. Barbed Threads are often used in combination with volume replacement in the upper face with dermal filler to add extra lift. Combining Barbed Threads in the neck with Hyper-Dilute Radiesse or after Ultherapy will maximize results. Twist Threads give volume and can be inserted into deep wrinkles such as the lip border and lines in the neck. Smooth Threads are inserted into areas for collagen stimulation including areas of loose or thin skin, fines lines, or wrinkles.
All MINT PDO Threads are FDA approved and are one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the threads in about four months. The results are immediate and even more noticeable after 1-2 weeks. The results will continue to enhance as your skin produces more collagen over the next several months. Smooth and Twist Threads are usually treated in a series three months apart and can be added when you come in for your scheduled Botox appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Treatment areas will be numbed with topical and local anesthetic.
- The area will be marked to map out the exact path of each thread.
- A small insertion site is made with a needle. The threads are injected under the skin in precise locations using a small needle. The needle is removed leaving the thread under the skin. No cuts or incisions are required.
- Treatment time is 45 minutes - 1 hour, but will be based on how many areas are treated.
- You may experience some tenderness in the treatment area. Some people could have swelling and bruising that may last 1 - 2 weeks.